Monday, August 16, 2010

Bloom Day, August 2010

We missed bloom day yesterday. In celebration of a missed bloom day (and lack of planning to get others involved), I took some pics of flowers in my yard this morning.

I am more of a vegetable gardener than a flower gardener, and I don't think I know the names of any of these flowers. Please help me identify them.





What's blooming in your yard?

Cosmos in the vegetable garden

and a vase full of sunflowers at Melanie's house. Happy Belated Bloom Day!

3 comments:

Kathleen C. said...

The first photo seems to be hosta (especially if I'm seeing the leaves in the background correctly) and the second photo looks like echinacea, or coneflowers, to me. Not sure about the others...

Liza said...

I think Kathleen is right about the first two. The third and fourth look like some type of Gladiola to me.

cityslipper (small kitchen garden) said...

You're a vegetable gardener, so why not shoot vegetable blossoms? Of course, there's nothing wrong with those other flowery plants, but imagine how many more vegetables you could grow if you took over the ornamental beds for your kitchen garden?

I was going to offer that you have cosmos on your page, but I noticed that you'd labeled them as cosmos so I felt kind of useless.

LinkWithin